Leading the world in ‘green manufacturing’ could see the UK add between £8bn – £20bn to its economy and create an additional 400,000 to 1 million jobs.
Climate change is having a huge impact on the world we live in and the calls to tackle it are growing louder every day.
The UK is well placed to lead the way in this green future, if we act now, according to a new report, published by the Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA)
Since 1990, the UK has reduced carbon emissions by an estimated 44% and is the first country to commit to net zero emissions.
The Commission on Climate Change, which underpinned the net-zero target, estimated that an increase in investment in green technologies in the order of 1% – 2% of GDP a year up to 2050 was needed.
Author: Jonny Williamson
Here at Crompton Mouldings we have a dedicated environmental team run by Ryan Anderson our Environmental Champion & factory team leader. His environmental role includes promoting and monitoring our new greener initiative which he is implementing.
Stage 1 – COMPLETE
- Changing the lining material of our ovens, helping retain heat which in turn lowers the emissions caused by the oven’s gas.
- Motion sensor lights on walk ways.
- Waterless urinals installed.
- Push taps installed.
- Going digital reducing paper & ink usage by 90%
- Diesel and petrol company cars have been replaced with hybrid or electric versions.
We have a further two stages to complete & here at Crompton Mouldings we want to do better & be better for the environment so keep a look our for further posts on our greener journey.